Before you list your property for sale have you considered the following….
First impressions are very important and this is particularly true in real estate. The moment prospective buyers arrive at your home, they need to be very impressed. As marketers for your property, we are interested in getting you the best possible price, so our aim is to exceed their expectations every time.
The presentation of your home can influence the price a purchaser agrees to, sometimes by thousands of dollars. A minimal amount of work can make a major difference to the price you achieve. By following this simple guide, you can properly prepare your property for the competitive marketplace.
Begin by walking across the street and looking at your home in an objective way think as a first time purchaser and ask yourself:
• Are there any minor changes you can make to the garden to enhance street appeal?
• Does your paintwork need a touch-up?
• Are the windows clean?
• Do you have any rubbish that needs to be removed?
When considering the inside of your home, remember that you are now living in a showroom. Your aim is to impress potential buyers so much that they want to purchase your house, as opposed to any others in their price range.
• Is the interior clean? Check all rooms in the house. Pay particular attention to kitchens and bathrooms, as these rooms are the two most important rooms on which purchase decisions are made.
• Ensure that beds are made and toys are hidden.
• Create more space by storing extra furniture and clothes. This will make rooms and wardrobes look bigger.
• Make your buyers feel welcome. Play some music, light an oil burner, brew some coffee and buy some fresh flowers. Pleasant aromas always make a property feel inviting.
• Keep pets at bay and under control.